RCR has become GraphIK: http://www.lirmm.fr/graphik
CoGui implements the Conceptual Graph knowledge representation model, developed by the RCR team at LIRMM, Montpellier, France.
The team RCR is a research group investigating graph-based knowledge representation and reasoning. The originality of their work consists of focusing on formalisms based on labeled graphs (and hypergraphs). By formalisms based on graphs, they refer to formalisms in which knowledge is not only represented by graphs, but where the reasoning mechanisms are also performed by graph operations.
Over the past 15 years they have been studying a family of formalisms based on conceptual graphs as introduced by John Sowa, both from theoretical and algorithmic points of view as well as from an application perspective.
Past and ongoing application domains:
- Natural Language Processing (industrial collaboration with NLP, Montpellier, 1996-1998)
- Complex System Simulation (industrial collaboration with DASSAULT Electronique, 1998 - 1998)
- Information Retrieval (collaboration with the French Academic Library Agency - ABES, 1998 - 2000 )
- Multimedia Semantic Annotation (collaboration with the National Institute for Audio-Visual (INA) and Maison des Sciences de l'Homme (MSH) 1999 - present)
- E-learning ( LOGOS european project, 2006-2009)
- E-tourism (industry and academic project with Antidot and Mondeca, 2006-2009)
- Decision Support System for Agronomy (ongoing collaboration with IATE, INRA)